JAPI Release Planning
The following releases with the following changes and release dates are planned:
- 2006-04-10: JAPI 0.9.0
- Additions to ActionFactory to support explicitely reading strings from the bundle, ignoring preferences.
- Final implementation of keystroke preferences.
- At least one example for using the net.sf.japi.sql package.
- 2006-05-01: JAPI 0.10.0
- Final implementation of proxy preferences.
- Final implementation of the C Preprocessor. Note: This will quite likely become a project of its own.
- Provide treetable usage example.
- 2006-06-01: JAPI 0.11.0
- Final implementation of JAPI's first treetable.
- Provide a splash screen implementation, which supports both, Java 6.0's new splash screen and a Java 5.0 fallback implementation, and implements progress so the user can be informed about application loading progress while the splash screen is displayed.
- 2006-07-01: JAPI 0.12.0
Complete rework of ActionFactory to support finer configuration and control and grouping of actions without increasing the usage effort or even decreasing it. The requirements are:
- It must be possible to group actions under a name. This is required for the keystroke preferences.
- The API should become smaller, simpler and eventually more modular.
- Complete rework of ActionFactory to support finer configuration and control and grouping of actions without increasing the usage effort or even decreasing it. The requirements are:
- 2006-08-01: JAPI 0.13.0
- Provide Locale preferences. They already exist in the Daimonin Editor and just need to be moved here.
- 2006-10-01: JAPI 0.14.0
Provide a complete suite of unit tests.
The coverage should be good enough for regression testing.
Note: Currently (as of 2006-03-08) some unit tests already are developed, using JUnit 3.8.1. Migration to JUnit 4.0 waits until JUnit 4.0 runs with Ant as well as IntelliJ IDEA.
- Provide a complete suite of unit tests. The coverage should be good enough for regression testing.
- 2006-11-01: JAPI 0.15.0
- This is a planned maintenance release before releasing the first stable version.
- 2006-12-01: JAPI 1.0
- Release first stable version.
- Branch for JAPI 2.0.
These features are planned but without time schedule.
- Bookmark handler
- Font Chooser
- Recent Files handler
- Factory concept and Factories for components. Purpose: swing component creation that's configurable using properties files.
To see older versions of this release plan, look at $HeadURL: https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/japi/trunk/src/doc/releasePlan.xhtml $ in the svn repository.